15/12/2009

Long time no see!!

Well, Sierra Kilo 042 seems to be back (again). I know I have promised it before, but this time I´ll try harder, just like in Legendary Campaing. Its been nearly two months since the last update. Many things have happened. My juvenile lust for Halo 3: ODST has changed to a mature, sweet and pure love shared only by the other Halo games. Of course you don´t care about my personal life and if you do care, I ain´t gonna tell you anything, so go away, you stalker.

My Halo Legendary Campaing quest has been stopped, but only because first I wanna finish ODST in the same difficulty. For two main reasons: One, I wanna play Firefight with Dare. And two, after surviving the hordes of angry Covenant troops as an ODST I think playing as a walking tank Spartan-II its gonna feel easier. Indeed, I have already tried playing Halo3 after ODST and I feel the difference.

////Waypoint??
On other news I´ve already seen Halo Waypoint and, 343 Industries, I must say I´m utterly dissapointed. Halo Waypoint don´t feels like a "place of meeting for all Halo fans" nah, it looks and surely I´m afraid it is just a place for Achievement hunters and an excuse to milk the Halo franchise. Frankie, what have you done?

Okay, I´m being a bit to harsh here. Truth is Halo Waypoint its a nice download. After that, you enter, and if you´re not Live Gold, you´re out. I used my last 48 hours Gold time to try Halo Waypoint (and to enter Matchmaking for two sweet days, of course) Your Halo achievements are evaluated and you recibe a rank an a few presents. Those are objects for your 3D avatar. Then you have interviews, and a few articles about the Halo franchise, both in-game and in-universe.
But IMHO none of them have the depth and quality of those you´ll see in other fansites (The Halopedia for example)

Halo Waypoint, right now, fails to be a place of meeting for Halo fans. Forums, fanpages and other places in the net are much more "must visit" places than Waypoint. I do hope that this is because Waypoint its still a newborn place, and as time goes on more articles of better quality and depth are added. But I might be dissapointed again, because perhaps Halo waypoint its just gonna be full of trailers, offers of merchandise and low-quality articles about the Halo universe

////You gotta love Bungie
Nah, I´m not saying it because I want them to link my site, I´m talking about pure and true love, just like with Halo. They are great developers, but the most important thing for me, is that they take good care of their own fans: the mighty Seventh Column.

In Bungie.net they feed us all with tons of contents, from the Bungie blog full of funny videos and community news to the Bungie Weekly update (once a week, each friday) and articles. The articles usually give inside looks to the studio or how they work and, the reason to write this, some technical articles about the games explained in layman terms.

Recently I read through "A certain sense of movement" which explains how animations were done for Halo 3. No, don´t expect a paper or a lot of details, that would require tons and tons of text, and surely programming knowledge from the reader

Right now, I´m gonna read "Deconstructing construct" and we´ll see what Bungie has to offer to satisfy my Grunty Thirst.

////
So that´s it for now, a pretty big update after months, and the promise to try to update this more often. Also I´ll try to change it a bit, not only for you, dear and scarce readers, but for myself, to see if changing the layout and adding things my desire to stay along increases to decent ammounts

Sierra Kilo Zero-Four- Two out

No comments: